MixologyTech offers iOS apps pertaining to liquor and cocktails. These apps are available from the App Store. Click on their icons below to learn more about them.
Bar Ingredients is a free iPhone app containing the MixologyTech Ingredients Database (see below). My Bar is a premium iPhone app that adds useful features to the ingredients database for liquor enthusiasts and mixologists. Beachbum Berry’s Tiki+ is a highly regarded authoritative reference to exotic drinks for iPhone and iPad.
The MixologyTech Ingredient Database is a living, growing database of entries of all the spirits and other ingredients that go into cocktails. Unique features:
- Active curation: nothing is added to the database without editorial oversight.
- Crowd sourcing supplies missing ingredients, bar codes, photos, commentary, and even some of the fact checking. Crowd sourcing has been enormously successful for the database, growing it by 50% in six months (see below).
- Hierarchical taxonomy: this database represents the first successful taxonomic organization of bar ingredients; the practical benefits of this model are numerous; for example, the database captures the relationships of ingredients by type, flavor, places of origin and brand.
- Database updates are automatically delivered to clients over the Internet.
- The custom database model is completely purpose-designed and can readily adapt to evolving needs.
The database has sustained remarkable growth since its inauguration at the end of August 2011. It may already be the largest and most complete such collection and it’s surely the fastest growing.
You are welcome to peruse the updates log to see more about how the database is expanding.
You are also invited to experience the database in our premium My Bar app for iOS.
Licensing is possible for use in commercial purposes. No special API is required. Serious inquiries only, please.