You can now read about what’s new and upcoming at the MixologyTech dev blog.
Current iOS Apps
101 B. N. C.
MixologyTech offers iOS apps pertaining to liquor and cocktails. These apps are available from the App Store. Click on their icons above to learn more about them.
Some of our older apps remain available or in popular use. You can learn about them here:
The MixologyTech Ingredient Database is a living, growing database of entries of all the spirits and other ingredients that go into cocktails. Unique features:
- Active curation: nothing is added to the database without editorial oversight.
- Crowd sourcing supplies missing ingredients, bar codes, photos, commentary, and even some of the fact checking. Crowd sourcing has been enormously successful for the database, growing it by 50% in six months (see below).
- Hierarchical taxonomy: this database represents the first successful taxonomic organization of bar ingredients; the practical benefits of this model are numerous; for example, the database captures the relationships of ingredients by type, flavor, places of origin and brand.
- Database updates are automatically delivered to clients over the Internet.
- The custom database model is completely purpose-designed and can readily adapt to evolving needs.
The database has sustained remarkable growth since its inauguration at the end of August 2011. It may already be the largest and most complete such collection and it’s surely the fastest growing.
You are welcome to peruse the updates log to see more about how the database is expanding.
Licensing is possible for use in commercial purposes. No special API is required. Serious inquiries only, please.
The background pattern on this page is from the end papers of a charming, tiny, anonymously-authored book “Cocktails… How to Make Them”, published in 1898 in Providence, Rhode Island, by Livermore & Knight.