MixologyTech offers a unique suite of mixed drink recipe apps for iPhone and iPad. Each app addresses a theme in mixology, and features the highest quality content under expert curation.
These apps each cost US$9.99 and are all available from the App Store.
Shaken and Stirred presents nearly 200 easy, delicious craft cocktails to make at home. Each recipe is accompanied by a tutorial video from Small Screen Network. The only reference many people will need.
Difficulty level: Perfect for beginners, ever so handy for everyone else; easy recipes, minimal shopping. Learn more
Modern Classic Cocktails is the first critical assessment of today’s cocktail renaissance including all the bona fide modern classics and a treasury of contenders, curated by journalist and author Robert Simonson. The contemporary drinks everyone wants.
Difficulty level: Nearly all recipes are easy; shopping requirements fairly modest. Learn more
Martin’s Index of Cocktails is the authorative reference to cocktails and mixed drinks from the first golden age of the American bar (1860s-1930s). The keys to the kingdom.
Difficulty level: Minimal shopping requirements and drinks are easy to make, but recipes are from another era and require some intuitive adjustment to taste on your part. Learn more
Wondrich’s Index of Punch is the essential quick reference to punchbowl recipes from historian David Wondrich, author of Punch: The Delights and Dangers of the Flowing Bowl.
Difficulty level: Mostly straightforward recipes that are all pretty easy once you’ve got the first one under your belt. Will transform how you entertain. Learn more
Beachbum Berry’s Total Tiki is the definitive reference to exotic drinks and “tiki” cocktails from authority Jeff “Beachbum” Berry. The apotheosis of mixed drinks.
Difficulty level: Recipes are straightforward but tend to have lots of ingredients; some specialized shopping required. Learn more
PDT Cocktails is the official recipe archive of the famed, James Beard Award-winning New York bar. Faithfully recreate virtually every fine-tuned drink ever served at PDT. A master class in cocktail craft.
Difficulty level: Recipes are straightforward and precise, but the shopping can be daunting and some recipes require advance preparations. Learn more
gaz regan’s 101 Best New Cocktails is an amazing, living almanac of hundreds of new drinks from all over the world, spanning 2011 to last week, compiled by gaz regan, exposing trends, new flavors and innovative ingredients; new drinks added every week or so. Inspiring.
Difficulty level: Recipes vary wildly from trivial to involved; shopping can be daunting and some recipes require advance preparation. Learn more
Moreover, each of the above apps:
- enables you to check off the ingredients you have, to find drinks you can make with them, and plan your future inventory
- provides a “journal” in which you can enter notes or annotations about recipes, and record your “likes” and “dislikes”
- maintains lists for you of favorite and “flagged” recipes, and also lets you create custom lists for whatever purpose, such as planning a drink menu for a party
Our free “cloud sync” service (learn more) helps unify all the above across both your devices and across the apps, so they all work together for you.
Some of our older apps remain available or in popular use. You can learn about them here:
The MixologyTech Ingredient Database is a living, growing database of entries of all the spirits and other ingredients that go into cocktails. Unique features:
- Active curation: nothing is added to the database without editorial oversight.
- Crowd sourcing supplies missing ingredients, bar codes, photos, commentary, and even some of the fact checking. Crowd sourcing has been enormously successful for the database, growing it by 50% in six months (see below).
- Hierarchical taxonomy: this database represents the first successful taxonomic organization of bar ingredients; the practical benefits of this model are numerous; for example, the database captures the relationships of ingredients by type, flavor, places of origin and brand.
- Database updates are automatically delivered to clients over the Internet.
- The custom database model is completely purpose-designed and can readily adapt to evolving needs.
The database has sustained remarkable growth since its inauguration at the end of August 2011. It may already be the largest and most complete such collection and it’s surely the fastest growing.
You are welcome to peruse the updates log to see more about how the database is expanding.
Licensing is possible for use in commercial purposes. No special API is required. Serious inquiries only, please.